Welcome to

botShots is an expanding and evolving resource for artists, students, educators and enthusiasts of both art and robots.

Featuring the 'Best-in-Show' of the Robot Art world in any media, we keep the editorializing to a minimum and strive to let the work speak for itself. Our statement on quality was made by it's inclusion in our collection.


Each image is linked to a larger version for more detailed examination and a link to the website of each artist featured is also provided.

We hope you enjoy...

Art and Science - Ties that bind...

I have been less prolific with my posts of late... they will be starting up more regularly again soon...

Until then, some brain candy....

True science investigates and brings to human perception such truths and such knowledge as the people of a given time and society consider most important. Art transmits these truths from the region of perception to the region of emotion.
Leo Tolstoy
(1828-1910)

(Possibly explains why good robot art makes me so emotional :) )

2 comments:

Lester Alfonso said...

As a kid, I was emotional when I saw 3CP0 and R2D2 on the big screen...years later, as an adult, emotional again seeing 3CP0 and R2D2 inside a display case in Florida.

GeoD said...

I think I have the closest connection to those two too - I mean how could they NOT be the best - they were the first REAL robots... :)